“Ecologia Balkanica” provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Open Access in journal publishing means:
* Direct, barrier-free, online dissemination of scientific results at no charge for readers. Authors retain the copyright of their articles, but are obligated to pay article processing fee upon acceptance (from 01.02.2019),
* Open Access papers may be copied, downloaded, and used for text- and data-mining purposes, provided that such uses are fully attributed, undertaken on a non-commercial basis,
* High visibility of the work – anyone can read your article at no charge,
* Higher citation rates due to higher visibility,
* Quick publishing as pre-prints published immediately upon acceptance,
* Articles are archived and searched through several major OA repositories (see list here)